I leave tomorrow for Florida and Parker's baptism. She has asked me to sing and speak which I am honored to do so. Jan will not accompany me and will be missed. She is suffering from a sinus infection and her ears are severely plugged. The change in altitudes while flying would cause extreme pain and discomfort, so she felt it best not to go. I will help Robin and all the kids return next Tuesday to Salinas which will officially mark the beginning of our Family Reunion. Another Yeah, yeah, yeah. Jan and I spent most of yesterday working around the house preparing for the upcoming summer event. We lightened ship and reorganized closets, vacuumed, fluffed pillows, and cleaned out cupboards. Some of the dates on the cupboard packages were rather old. I fully expected to see 'things' growing back in there, but.... We now have a year's supply of cheerios!!! Bring it on Brooklyn and Abby and Lori and Grace and Parker and Macy(does she like Cheerios yet?) and Oliver and Sawyer and Donovan and Margo and Sterling? Maybe it's a bit early for him, but not too.....
It is going to be a memorable summer, and I am frankly very glad to be around to enjoy the festivities. It is off to the Temple for my shift assignment tonight then I won't return till the end of July as the Temple is closed for three weeks for maintenance.
No comments:
Post a Comment