Literally, this is a wonderful 'bite' of history.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Flicks!!!
Here is a blast from the past. Yesterday Jan and I were at CVS buying some toiletries and things and lo and behold, here were the flicks situated in an impulse stand next to the checkout line. The advertising header read, "The Original, Just Like When You Were a Kid". Boy is that ever an ad aimed at a specific market group, namely, us older folks. Flicks were, for more years than I can remember, a staple in the 'snack arsenal' at all movie theaters, drive in or other. Flicks are described as chocolate covered wafers but they really look like flattened Hershey kisses. You may ask why I don't have a picture of the actual candy. Duh, I ate them all so fast it was amazing. This little circular carton was 99 cents. Back in the day I think they sold for a dime or fifteen cents, but then again, movies cost 50 cents which included two features. I used to take them home and put them in the freezer so they would get hard and I could suck them rather than chew so fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment