Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I have begun an exercise program once again. It has been 7 years plus since I worked up a good sweat. Golf just doesn't do it, so... I rejoined the YMCA yesterday and jumped right in!! Actually, I didn't just jump in but have been putting it off for over a year. My cholesterol is high so I started taking 'blockers' to better control the count, which is working, but I do not want to keep taking these pills. I have committed an hour every day possible to do some sort of aerobic exercise for a half hour and then some weight training for the next half hour. I thought it was going to be hard but it wasn't. I am sore today because I started the 'weights' in earnest-three reps per machine at 10 repetitions per machine. The bottom line is I started yesterday at 193 lbs, and today I weighed 188. I am also back on the eating program that was so successful for me 7 years ago. Jan has also restarted, so we are doing well.

I read a wonderful passage today in the December Ensign which gave me another great insight into the Saviors' Atonement. President Eyring stated: "...He suffered the agony of the guilt of our sins and all the sins of the children of Heavenly Father that we might be forgiven and go home clean. The agony of the guilt of our sins is another layer of his Sacrifice in our behalf. So many cannot forgive themselves and live with the heavy burden of guilt even though they may have repented. Or we just get paralyzed with guilt when we think we should be doing this or that. Oh that all could read this declaration and believe it. Truly his Atonement covers all that afflicts us in mind and body and spirit. I am thankful for this insight which came as a sweet light earlier today.

No comments: