Friday, February 13, 2009
A Covenant Person
We often hear in the course of conversation or read in print a phrase used to describe the spirituality of another human being. It is: He (or She) is a religious person. Other adjectives describe the degree of religiosity-very, not very, not, not at all, somewhat, piously, devout, etc. I have thought about the fact that as a Latter Day Saint I could (should) be described as a Covenant Person. Isn't it interesting that there are no other descriptives that come to mind when using this phrase. A very Covenant Person seems redundant. Somewhat Covenant Person just doesn't fit. To be a Covenant Person is to be wholly involved in the saving process of our Savior. We are put under Covenant to be baptized, to repent, to receive the Holy Ghost and ultimately the exalting ordinances in the Temple. Each Covenant requires a solemn oath and promise to do the will of our Father in Heaven. Each Covenant brings with it a Law and the blessings of keeping that Law-Our Father's part of the Covenant. Each Covenant brings further light and knowledge until we are lead to the light of the 'Perfect Day'. To be a Covenant Person implies whole hearted and whole minded and whole soul of effort to live up to the promised and awaited blessings of each and every covenant. I am grateful to be considered a Covenant Person because of the trust my Father in Heaven has placed in me. I have felt his hand in my life and the lives of each of my children and wife as we covenant to do our best and then be still and know that ''I am God".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment