

We just returned from Tennessee where we enjoyed reuniting with Jamie's family for the baptism of our oldest Granddaughter Brooklyn. It was a wonderful time and event!. She was very excited and full of enthusiasm as we met at the Stake Center in Franklin, which is next to the new Franklin Temple, and along with 5 other 8 year olds entered into the Covenant of Baptism. I was privileged to sing I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus during the Chapel ceremony, and then along with Grandfather Dale Olsen acted as witnesses for the the Baptism itself, Jamie being the officiator. Jamie, of course, was voice for the confirmation and once again Dale and I were privileged to stand in the circle and lay our hands on her head to bestow the Holy Ghost. There can be no stronger evidence of the Lord's Spirit as these ordinances are the foundational Doctrines of the Kingdom. How could one have any greater gift than the bestowal of the Holy Ghost upon them? Brooklyn is an absolute sweetheart. She is growing rapidly. Jamie and Anita are doing so well with each of their children and it is evident that the Lord is with them blessing them along the way.

The new house is awesome. There is lots of room to spread out. The neighbors are great and in fact Tennessee is great. I could easily live there. Dale and I performed some house chores while there by installing an expander tank to control water pressure in the house. Dale stretched the upstairs carpet in several places to remove bulges and Jamie and I hung a wall mounted coat hanging mirror antique from India that Papa and Nana gave to them. That was a long sentence but I will show a picture of it below.

Abby and Lori and little Grace are doing very well and are loving their new surroundings. The older ones are involved in school, pre or other, and Grace is walking at 10 months!. She is also trying to talk and it is evident that she will not be left behind.
We just enjoyed the whole trip. It was great to see Kathy and Dale.
So the month has flown by. I worked my Temple shift last night and enjoyed the spirit there. I had been away for several weeks so it was good to return.
We have begun to read the Book of Mormon as a Ward on an invitation from Bishop Varney. He has given us a daily schedule of two pages to be completed in time for next Octobers General Conference. I am enjoying the spirit from the Book once again and am developing a good reading habit once again.
Robin and Parker and Macy and Oliver will be here tomorrow thru the 23rd!!!! Yeah, yeah. Little Macy is not eating solid foods right now and there is some concern. I have not been able to stop thinking about her since Robin shared the news with us several days ago. I am pleading with the Lord to allow this malady to pass from Macy and I put her name on the Oakland Temple Prayer Rolls last night. I have faith that she will be ok.
So onto the day. Most all is well. The payphone business continues to decline but we are hanging in there.
1 comment:
thanks for putting pictures up dad! glad it was great!
Post a Comment