
It has been a glorious week. Robin and grand kids Parker Macy and Oliver flew in on the 14th and we have just been enjoying their sweet youthful family spirit. I was able to take Parker and Macy to the Wild Animal Park on Friday and then took Parker to see the Ariel Production of Tiki Tiki Tembo. Parker loves these theater outings and it would not surprise me to see her be in some productions later on in life.

Little Macy is just a sweet angel! She has speech and eating issues, but the love she is receiving from her parents will see her through all of the challenges she now faces. I submitted her name to the Oakland Temple Prayer rolls, with Robin's permission, and I know that Heavenly Father will bless Macy in her own due time to overcome her trials.
And of course our first Grandson is just a ball of activity-busy pulling everything out of cupboards and off shelves and throwing them at times, thus proving that he is developing his pitching arm for future no-hitters.
I simply marvel at Robins innate motherly tendencies. Her patience is unending and her devotion unwavering. The very fact that she undertook this adventure reminds me of Jan's motor home driving experience in the fall of 1978 when I was crisscrossing the country on the PGA tour. She drove 'Harvey the RV' from Utah to Silverado California with Jamie and Neece on board through a fall 'Rockies' storm over Donner pass and into California. I have always referred to it as her 'motorized covered wagon' pioneer experience. She did it!!!!! Robin likewise managed a cross country flight with three very young children all by herself!!! I know it wasn't easy but she explained in her blog that the one day of travel torture has certainly been worth the 10+ days of California Gold. Needless to say, we are glad they came. They will leave us on Tuesday and once again the house will not ring with the sound of children's laughter or toys being tossed about and played with or diapers filling the waste baskets. All of these, President Monson explained would be 'profoundly missed'. How right he is. But, we do have Internet and blogging and good times yet to come. Jan and I fully intend to visit New York in the Spring and Tennessee once again. Also, a sojourn to Arizona is up and coming to share in the birth of our newest Grandson in April, if Scott and Kiana would ever get a name decided upon. Actually, they probably already have one picked out but are just keeping it secret. I probably do not blame them. We, Jan and I, of course have offered our most heartfelt name choices, but ..... we are just looking forward to share in this most wonderful blessing of new life.Jan was called and sustained today in Stake Conference as the new 2nd Counselor in the Stake Relief Society Presidency. Sister Emily Jensen is the new President and Marsha Green is the 1st Counselor. President Locke came to the house this morning to issue the call. The Lord knows her great strength in befriending people and making them feel at ease. She has that wonderful gift as well as great gifts of calmness and non-judgement, which are qualities so needed in leadership positions. She is the type of person others want to be around. Coupled with her innate Spirituality, it is no wonder The Lord has called her. She will lead with kindness and patience and virtue and above all, a deeper love for her fellow sisters in the Lord. Sister Jensen has chosen wisely! The Lord will bless Jan to fulfill this most noble calling.
I am engaged in learning a new Internet business that promises to supplant my declining payphone business income. It is hard to gear up once again, for I have been a state of semi-retirement for some time. However, the Lord has not seen fit to put me out to pasture as yet, but I am struggling with issues of time management and motivation and discipline. I will just have to suck it up and move on. I will and am doing so.
I sang at last nights Adult session of Stake Conference. The hymn was Dear To The Heart Of The Shepherd which coincided with the theme of Conference, Missionary Work. Brother Kenlee Butler was once again kind enough to accompany me. He is such a talented accompanist. I called him on Wednesday and asked if he would accompany me. He said he would be delighted, and then I shared with him my idea of how the hymn should be presented. I did not see the need to repeat the chorus after each of the four verses, but the thought had earlier come to me that the chorus would make an excellent beginning point-'Out in the desert they wander, lonely and helpless and cold, off to the rescue he hastens, bringing them back to the fold... followed by the 4 verses, then the final chorus, off to the rescue we'll hasten, bringing them back to the fold.
I suggested a particular pattern of underscoring the first chorus and that I would probably want to change keys for the 3rd and 4th verses. He said no problem!!!! And it wasn't. We got together after the 4-6pm leadership meeting in the Relief Society room and after two singthroughs we had it. I marvel at this most wonderful gift of musical interpretation and to be able to make the hands and mind obey to produce truly beautiful sound. The Lord blessed me greatly to be even able to sing as I have been suffering from a throat and chest cold for the past month! Usually I get over these in two weeks but not so with this one. So concerned was I that I went to see my Doctor on Thursday. I did and do not have pneumonia, but antibiotics were prescribed. Also prescribed was Lipitor as a result of high concentration of cholesterol in my bloodstream. Both prescriptions cost $265!!!!!!!! It does not take too much to figure out that I will going back on my over eaters anonymous eating plan that helped me get to 165 pounds seven years ago. I simply do not want to pay that money each month!!!! So....
The Emperors New Clothes opens a week from tomorrow and we are mostly ready though I am 15 pounds overweight. Oh well. I am also 7 years older than last time and 14 years older than the first time we performed this play. The next time it might be done from a wheelchair.
The hand of the Lord is evident in my life, for which I am truly grateful. The spirit was felt as President Uchtdorf and Elder Ballard spoke today to 68 Stakes in the Northern California area. We have been encouraged to build Zion here in California and to expand our borders here, not move on to so called 'greener pastures'.
No comments:
Post a Comment