I felt blessed yesterday to work in the Temple. It was Tongan Session night once again and they came in great numbers. It is a wonderful sight to see so many faithful Saints gathered to participate in the saving ordinances for all mankind, and that is what is happening on an ongoing basis in the Lord's Houses around the globe. Pat Miljarak and I and Sam Jenkinson once again made the Oakland journey yesterday in Brother Sams' nice Cadillac Seville. He does not like to drive the freeways and thus allows me to do so. I have enjoyed getting to visit with Pat. She is very much enjoying going to the Temple and is in fact working on becoming a volunteer. She has been doing Family History for many years now and with the advent of New Family Search is able to submit names and see them through the ordinance process to completion. She stated last night on the way home that she loves going to the Temple. So do we all.
I have begun a study of the books of the Bible from Acts to Revelations. I will looking for truths that support our Latter Day Saints beliefs. In Acts 1:1-2 there is already overwhelming evidence that the ancient Apostles operated the guidance of the Holy Ghost and received revelation from the Savior. The entire chapter is filled with such evidences, especially the choosing of Matthias as the new Apostle. How closely the procedure matches today choosings is self-apparent. Gratefully, I acknowledge the truth of the scriptures and the verifying witness of the spirit, which without, would leave me in the dark and searching, as is most of the Christian world.
No comments:
Post a Comment