Sunday, September 7, 2008

Look what my little Abby sent to me. I talked to her on the phone recently and asked her to draw a picture for me. Jamie sent it as a jpeg through the e-mail and also a hard copy through the snail mail which I have prominently displayed on the family refrigerator. Also, I presume Lori drew the below. Ah, the simple things of beauty. I love my grand kids and consider them each a blessing in my life. They are being moved upon by the hand of the Lord each day through their faithful parents and teachers in Church.



Tuesday September 9th, 2008
It has been a good week so far. I spent most of the day Saturday helping with the upcoming Stake production of Narnia, The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe. President Locke and I spent the morning building set pieces and then I stayed for musical rehearsal. My trumpet 'lips' have returned but I do not know if we can pull the orchestra together in time. We are still short 4 members, so..
Sunday was an excellent Sabbath Day. Art Romero is out of town so I attended 1st Ward services. Testimony meeting was very good and I felt the spirit of many of the testimonies born. Shelli Loftus is our new Relief Society President. She is a single sister in her 40's and is a wonderful choice for the calling. Dad and I visited the Ennis's and our bedridden sisters to administer the sacrament to them. Brother Ennis has had very bad vertigo for the past month and has been unable to stand without getting dizzy. Sister Toloy was sitting up in bed eating dinner which is a big deal for her. I am working out the final details with Monterey Salinas Transit that will allow Mary to attend church on a regular basis. MST has a special wheelchair lift van that can receive her where she now resides and then transport her to the church, all for $5 round trip. It will good for her ot attend and feel the spirit of the meetings once again.
Yesterday was spent being lazy in the morning. The Harmons, Ron and Kaye, did come over and I helped them print some names for future Temple work. They will be sealed October 25th which coincides with their 60th wedding anniversary but are also going to do some Baptisms for the Dead prior to.
The afternoon was taken up with phone repairs and we concluded the day with the missionaries and sister Van Gundy here for dinner and lesson #4 from Preach My Gospel and home evening. It was a peaceful spiritual evening.
Today I just completed a payphone repair trip to Hollister. I took the Old Stage Road to San Juan Bautista and as I was in route, a sweet feeling of contentment came over me as I was listening to some of my favorite music, a feeling of appreciation for the beauty all around and for the tremendous order of things that our Father in Heaven and his Son have provided. I continue to pray for the spiritual gifts of charity and discernment and know that as the Lord increases my faith he will grant unto me a greater portion of those gifts.
News from the East is that Parker has begun all-day all night pre-school!!!! Just kidding, but she does go from 7:30 to 2:30 with breakfast and Lunch included. How can I get in on that deal? And, and, and, Oliver is crawling. He is now mobile and in fact Robin reports that he has two teeth coming through. Great things are happening. Josh and Robin are very happy.
News from the South is that Jamie and Anita are flying to Nashville to peruse the countryside in search of the right house at the right price. They have some wonderfully positive decisions ahead of them.
News from Idaho is Craig has landed. I just saw a bill for $200+ dollars from the bookstore on my Visa statement, so I know he has checked in. It is hard to believe that I have had college tuition and such to be paid over the last thirteen years. What blessings have come as a result of having our kids pursue their educations and especially at the schools they have chosen. It is so clearly evident how the Lord has moved them and guided them. How grateful I am.
News from Arizona is Scott is hobbling and recovering from his ankle and knee surgery. Ouch. But too much b-ball on an already gimpy stump can do more damage, so he is repairing and healing.

No comments: