Thursday, September 4, 2008

Good morning. The weather is superb and has been for the past week. Papa and I are leaving for the Valley within the next hour to collect the remaining phones for the month of August.
I have been blessed with a business that is still producing income and even though I have mentioned this fact in past blogs, I am very grateful when you take into consideration the nature of the economy and the relentless march of cell phone usage. However, I must report that my coin volume actually increased over the past month by almost 20%. Why, I have no idea, but we will take it.

We had a good Temple excursion yesterday. Pat Miljarak and Sam Jenkinson journeyed with me to Oakland. Pat completed at least 35 family sealings that had been sitting in the Temple file waiting to be done. The spirit of Elijah is resting upon her and blessing her life in a wonderful way.

I worked at the clothing counter for almost two hours and had a good opportunity to read the scriptures. I have been thinking much about the statement the original Apostles made to the Savior in Luke 17:5 "...Lord, increase our faith." Modern Chrisitanity, which is a product of 3rd Century man-made philosophies and creeds, has disallowed this declarative call by closing the heavens and thus disallowing the very source of that increase. My faith is increasing as I pray for it and work to do the Lord's will in my life while yet realizing it as a supreme gift from my Father in Heaven.

Tuesday was spent on the road collecting. We returned safely-another blessing overlooked sometimes.

No comments: