Scott and Kiana called yesterday and they are expecting their first child. All I could say was Wow, Wow, Wow. What a sacred and beautiful moment. They were both very excited as well were all of us, Jan and Papa Jim and Nana and Buddy!. The baby is due in early April. How much more could the Hand of the Lord be seen than with this most wonderful announcement.
I attended early morning seminary today and helped Sister Hill discuss the Transfiguration. She had me read Elder Haights' Conference address from the 70's which outlined this sacred event.
It was very enjoyable to be present and feel the spirit of Seminary once again. Many fond memories came flooding back and I realized again how the Lord has blessed me and my family with the opportunity to have participated in this wonderful Church program being tutored from on high.
I just returned from my Wednesday evening Temple shift. I do look forward to my time in the Temple now each week. Mel White and Sam journeyed with me and for Brother Mel, it was the first time in a couple of months. His house was broken into and he has had to deal with all those issues for the past several weeks, but all is better now.
My Sunday Prison visits are becoming more and more spiritual in nature. I cannot fully explain the feeling I receive, but I do know that the work there is vital and there are souls to be saved. It is a little missionary work and member re-activation and preaching and teaching all rolled into one. This past Sunday we were able to conduct all 4 regular meetings and in addition help the Protestant congregation get theirs started. Once again, I was asked to sing for this group and once again my most excellent accompanist, Christopher, and my flautist, joined me for I Need Thee Every Hour a much quieter song than previously sung. The members were appreciative as Art conducted the opening exercises for them and bore testimony of the Atonement of the Savior. The reason we helped them get started is that their minister did not show up and we had the keys to the meeting areas, so... all went well.
A young Vietnamese has joined us over the past two weeks and we are getting to know him. Chin Phong is a non-member but had attended a couple of times a year ago. He is looking for the truth about God, the Savior and the Holy Ghost. It is most refreshing to teach him. Another man Lee has joined us also and came on the recommendation of his sister who is a member. He knows virtually nothing of the Gospel, so we are teaching these two men the foundational tenets and are enjoying our time with them. In a later pm meeting one of the congregation gave a great lesson on eternal marriage!!!! He quoted Section 134 of the D&C and expounded on the promises of the New and Everlasting Covenant. Wow. Here in the congregation were men never married and without the likely prospect of ever doing so in this life. Still, Art and I stood and bore witness that these blessings will not be denied to the faithful. What a paradox, but what power was there. I know such things can and will be, for those inside and out of prison.
Jamie and Anita have put several offers in for houses in Tennessee and are playing the waiting game right now. The Lord is surely blessing their lives as they move through this process. their Southern Cal Condo has sold and they will realize enough profit from the sale to put a handsome down payment on the Tennessee house. They will likely move before the end of the year. Certainly I can see the Hand of the Lord blessing them in all ways to move forward in this time of economic upheaval. We should be and are grateful to have jobs and businesses that continue to provide income for our families.
No comments:
Post a Comment