Yesterday afternoon Seth Word, who with wife Chelsea and two children just moved back into the 1st Ward, and I journeyed to the mobile home park on Kern Street and gave a blessing to Marian Cane. Marian is a nonmember of the Church but her cousin, whose name slips me, is a very active member from Pleasant Grove Utah and it was she that called Bishop Varney for Priesthood assistance .
Marian had received several prior blessings so she was no stranger to this ordinance. What a sweet lady. She has been an active Lutheran all her life and has faith. She is suffering from depression over being alone and being the last of the siblings still living. I felt the spirit prompt me to bless her with a deeper understanding of the healing power of the Savior and commanded her to pray more faithfully and even read the Book of Mormon!! It was a privilege to share this sacred power with such a faithful lady.
The missionaries had dinner with us and I gave them Marian's info so that they could just follow up and make sure she is doing ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment