This past Sunday I attended 2nd Ward Sacrament. As Brother Rosa was speaking he quoted the Scripture in 1 Cor. 15: 22 "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive". The spirit whispered to me that Immortality is the reward for keeping our first estate and exhaltation for keeping our second estate. Those who kept not their first estate were not granted mortality and therefore will not become immortal. They will eventually be banished to outer darkness. For those who did and do come to this mortal probation, keeping the second estate requires keeping the commandments and keeping the Savior in our hearts and minds and actions and then after all we can do, it is by grace we are saved. In either scenario, the atonement is preeminent. Without it, we will neither be immortal or Celestial. With it, all things are possible. The plan is perfect. I see the Hand of the Lord blessing us as his children with this great light and knowledge in these latter days. I am thankful.
We, Papa Jim and I, attended Sunday evening Stake General Priesthood Meeting at the Salinas Building. Wonderful talks were given by three outgoing missionaries-Brothers Parry, Van Clief and Jensen. Yes, President Jensen and his dear wife Carolyn are journeying to Columbus Ohio to preside over the Mission there. They leave in late June for 3 years. He spoke of Covenants and the promises of those covenants-all tied to the Temple.
President Lemmon took Sister Julie Beck's talk from October 07 Conference, 'Mothers who Know' and juxtaposed it to 'Fathers who know'. As he was inviting me to become a better father and husband, the spirit whispered to me a rather humbling insight, 'Fathers who Know realized that Mothers already knew!!!'. What can I say, it is true.
No comments:
Post a Comment