Monday, May 19, 2008
I have come to realize that probably the greatest way to witness the Hand of the Lord in my life or any others is to recognize the revelations that come through the still small voice of the Holy Ghost--Strokes of intelligence or sudden ideas that come to mind that I know are not of myself. These 'bolts' of truth or inspiratation come mainly while studying the scriptures or hearing the word preached or taught. It can be a daily or even hourly occurrence and I feel this type of recognition is at the heart of President Eyring's invitation. It is recognizable in others as Alma taught in Chapter 32 as light-which is discernible. Those who have this light speak and conduct themselves differently. I suppose this light is what attracted me to the church while attending BYU in the early 70's. I just could not help but notice that 'these people are different and always seem happy'. It is the acquiring of this light that is the lifelong process of 'coming unto Christ', a journey for which I am most thankful. And it ain't over yet. The best is yet to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment