Saturday, May 17, 2008

Whirlwind Week

We are babysitting this week! Jan and I drove down to Stanton on Thursday and were going to watch Brooklyn, Abby and Laurie while Anita and Jamie toured the Tennessee countryside in the hopes of finding a new home. They are in the process of doing that even as I add this bloggendum-That could be a new word!!!! As we drove, however, it became clear that it would be best to bring the kiddos back to Salinas, which we did on Friday after dropping Anita and Grace (oh yes, little Grace. I saw her for the first time late Thursday night. Wow. She is a beauty and full of life) off at the LA airport so they could fly to Tennessee and meet Jamie who was already there on business. Is that a long enough sentence?

As stated, little Grace is a bundle of love all wrapped up and just delivered from the Heaven's above. The Lord has given us all once again a glimpse at the newness and preciousness of life. I see his hand in the raising of these wonderful Granddaughters-parental hands and hearts full of faith and the light of inspiration.

Of course, Parker and Macy and Oliver are enjoying their cousins immensely. Yesterday we spent the morning at the Aquarium. We bought yearly passes two weeks ago which allows all grandchildren, Jan and I and two adult guests anytime access to the facility. We did this in anticipation of our first Shipley Family Reunion in early August. After the Aquarium, we ate lunch in a shady park off Pacific Street in Monterey. The weather has been hot, hot, hot.


"Wow, that was a big fish!"




Last night I treated the kids and Josh and Papa Jim to Ariel's production of Snow White. All enjoyed.

Today we are just taking it easy. The 'cuzzes' are playing in the backyard enjoying the cooler temperatures. Each has wonderful individual personalities. Jan and I will drive the Shipley's back home tomorrow to be reunited with their parents and little Gracie. Jan and I will return on June 8th for Graces naming and blessing.

All of the above can simply fit under the heading of 'eternal families', the gift of which is made possible by our Savior's atonement, the greatest gift of all from which we are blessed daily and hourly and minute to minute.

No comments: