Tuesday, September 1, 2020

 I sent the following email to my good friend Kerry Varney.  We served side by side for many years in Salinas.  He was just released as a counselor in the Stake Presidency there in the Monterey Stake.

Kerry Varney kerryvarney@gmail.com

Sun, Aug 30, 11:32 PM (2 days ago)
to me
Dave 

Thank you for the kind words. I love your family and enjoyed all the time we had together. 

You taught me how to be a counselor in a bishopric many years ago. 

The gospel is wonderful that allows us to work together and grow together. 

I would love to serve in the prison. 

Kerry

On Aug 30, 2020, at 5:20 PM, David Shipley <davidmshipley@gmail.com> wrote:


Hi (President) (Bishop) Brother Varney,

I was able to 'Zoom' in on the the Stake 'changing of the guard' two weeks ago and just wanted to personally say thanks for the wonderful service rendered over the past 9 years.  Even as I say that, it becomes an inadequate expression as I consider that I have known you now for almost 30 years. We have served together in various callings and have experienced much in so doing.  You gave support and helped Jan and I through some very difficult times, both personal and familial, and always your ever present faith and confidence in the Lord was and is a beacon of light for all who may cross your path.  As simply as I can put it, you are a Man of God.  Thank you Brother Kerry.

PS  Who knows, the Lord might call you to work in the Prison Branch!!!!  Take care.

Brother Dave Shipley

No comments: