Time marches on relentlessy. Work has been progressing ok. I helped train another camera operator Penny Lynch, this past week. I recommended her upon request to find a local camera operator for the Fairfield, Ohio County project. Lancaster is the county seat and is where the records are located for imaging and is about 1 hour away from Zanesville. Penny and her husband Mike are members of the Zanesville Ward, as am I. Mike was called as a 'Records Preservationist' along with several others in the Ward to help me with the Muskingum County document preparation at the courthouse here locally in Zanesville. Mike came in once a week with his lunch and spent a full 8 hours doing what was needed. He was diligent and steadfast and served for over a year in that capacity. We had a pizza lunch for all the workers and spouses back awhile ago and Penny came with Mike. She approached my work station and watched me for a short time and stated she would like to do what I was doing. Well, the opportunity for that to happen occurred and she is now on her way. She is very good and will do well. Mike, who is 80 has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer and has no more than a year to live. The work will I am sure help Penny through what will certainly be a difficult time. They have been sealed together and have strong testimonies of and faith in the eternity of things. I appreciate that knowledge on a personal level also. So...
We just had 'zoom' family night with all kids and 13 grandchildren minus Brooklyn who of course is serving a mission in Colorado Springs. It was wonderful to actually see each of them and just share in being together, if only, on a virtual level. All seem be to be doing fairly well. Of course I haven't written anything about them for 5 years, so each has aged and experienced much more in life. And...Robin and Josh were divorced in 2017. I will write more on that later but it has been a rough 3 years especially for all concerned. Things seem to be better so that is good. More later on the entire family.
I will fly to our Tennessee home this coming Friday and be there for Stirling's baptism on Sunday. Whoa! How can that be? He was just born!!! Then Jan and I will fly back to Ohio and Jan will help me with the work as she did when we first started 4 years ago. She will get reacquainted with some wonderful people who helped us then and are once again helping in the effort.
My heart is full of love for the Savior and this great plan of redemption that I have been privileged to know of and have faith in for almost 50 years now!!! It seems like only yesterday in so many ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment