Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Today was a packing and saying goodbye day.  I took 260 more images covering miscellaneous divorce cases from 1910-1926, then sent the shuttle(money maker) in for evaluation.  I then shut everything down and disassembled my camera apparatus and stand, packed everything else in boxes to await transportation to McConnelsville tomorrow morning at 8am.  A very good friend, Richard Barrett who helped us with document preparation the first time around and who transported all my stuff up the river to Zanesville is providing help and transportation once again back to the future.
I said goodbye to all the good county employees met over the past three and a half years.  It has been a blessing and a privilege to work with such good down to earth people.  For the most part, they have all been very positive and upbeat and they have enjoyed having us do what we do (do what I do).  The Lord has been with me and us in this wonderful journey of recovering names and ancestors so that Temple work can be accomplished in their behalf.  And...speaking of Temple work,  all the temples were closed back in March due to the virus and are just now starting to allow ordinances on a limited basis.  Our Columbus Ohio Temple just entered phase 2 where live ordinances can be performed on a limited basis.  I just now received a call from my shift coordinator Brother Del Cabe, (I have been an ordinance worker at the Columbus Temple for the past 3 years on the 1st and 3rd and 5th Saturdays am (8-2) shift), and he asked me to be one of only 5 shift workers to work August 1st and 15th from 7am-4pm.  Participation is very limited.  Only 5-10 patrons will be allowed in to witness or participate in the live ordinances.  There will be 3 endowment sessions at 8 and 11am and 2pm.  The Temple will disinfected following each session-literally.  I will be wearing a mask and can bring lunch but no food to share.  I am thrilled to be able to enter The House of The Lord once again.  I know this is a tender mercy from him and I see his hand over me and watching.  Thank you Heavenly Father.  Goodnight.

No comments: