I figure I have been serving in the Temple now for over 10 years. The current Temple Presidency is being replaced on November 1st after serving the customary 3 years. The new Presidency will be the 5th Presidency under which I have served. What an enjoyable and truly spiritual time it has been in every respect.
Last night I was thrown into the proverbial frying pan and officiated the 5pm session. Fortunately, I had retained in remembrance all the nuances of officiating from past experiences, so it was not too difficult a task. It was, once again, an honor and privilege to so conduct.
Working at the Temple along with the coming forth of the new family history tools has facilitated a virtual explosion of name submittals for ordinance work over the past 5 years. I am keeping a file of the completed ordinances for my ancestors, and I don't think it would too far off the mark to say that almost a thousand names have been submitted for ordinance work. Of course, many people including family members have helped in the process. I have made a habit of contacting Stake members just prior to our biannual Stake temple days and personally delivering name cards to them to take to temple for completion-endowments that is. Because of my Wednesday shift work, I am at the temple on a weekly basis and can submit names for baptism and confirmation followed by initiatories. I have been privileged to help with many of my ancestors sealing ordinances by giving the name cards to our resident Wednesday evening sealers, brothers Hardy,Hawks and Whetton.
And so it goes. I am slowly making the adjustment back to civilian life away from the Prison Branch. The time spent there was so unique and alive! I do though realize that I must be of greater service. My prison time brought that principle to light, but, service can be rendered any time and in any place. That is what the church is all about--the opportunity to serve and help one another.
And so it goes. I am slowly making the adjustment back to civilian life away from the Prison Branch. The time spent there was so unique and alive! I do though realize that I must be of greater service. My prison time brought that principle to light, but, service can be rendered any time and in any place. That is what the church is all about--the opportunity to serve and help one another.
No comments:
Post a Comment