Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Here is a little bio sketch I was asked to write for Parker. She was given a family history project-assignment in her 2nd Grade class. I am still awaiting the best part, a call from her to me how she did with the assignment.


Dearest Parker,
Here is a little bio sketch of your Papa Dave's life history.
I was born in Yokohama Japan on December 5th 1951. My father Glen (your great-grandfather) was part of the army occupation force assigned to Japan after World War ll. When 6 months old, we returned to Salinas California where I grew up playing various sports but settling on golf by age 12. I accepted a golf scholarship to play at Brigham Young University in 1970 and there honed my golfing skills in preparation for a professional career. While attending College, I met your 'Grammy' Janis Elizabeth Gayle and we were married in July of 1975 in the Los Angeles Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Your mother, Robin, was born in June of 1979 in Utah and she was the 2nd of four children, Jamie-older brother, and Scott and Craig-younger brothers.
Making a living playing golf did not pan out, so in August of 1980 we moved back to Salinas and there I started several businesses. For the past 25 years I have run a business for the ownership and operation of privately owned public coin operated telephones (payphones). Of our four children, three have been married and as a result we have 10 grandchildren, one of which is you!!!
I love you Miss Parker and I want to thank you for blessing my life in so many ways. You have to come out next summer so I have a reason to plant our snap peas!!!
Love,
Papa Dave

1 comment:

robin said...

she's sharing this story with her class tomorrow and i will have her call you!