Guess what? It happened again this past Saturday February 26th. Only I wasn't even here to see it. I was on my way back from Sacramento with the Romero's (more on that in the next blog) when Jan called from Watsonville saying that Craig had called her and reported the snowfall in Salinas. Thanks to Craig, we have the pictures below and a video clip. Two similar events 50 years apart!!! Who knows? I may be around when it happens again in 2061. Probably not!!!!





Monday, February 28, 2011
The Year was 1962. I had just turned 11. The day was Sunday January 21st. Mom rushed into my bedroom early in the morning at our 12 Oak Street Salinas home, rolled up the window shade and said "Come quickly and see this!" I looked out into a backyard sea of white snow! Needless to say, it was my first encounter with the fluffy stuff and to make a long story short, my best friend Courtenay Cox and I made the best of the whole day. We were like bulls in a china shop, running around the neighborhood building snowmen, throwing snowballs and having snowball fights with other friends, slipping and sliding and just plain having fun. It was a once in a lifetime thrill in Salinas because it just never snows here. Well, it did. So much so that the last round of the Bing Crosby Tournament was delayed until Monday as the snow stayed on the course and in Salinas for the entire day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment