Parker turned 5 last weekend. Wow!!! Here are some pictures.

I was able to officiate in all the Temple Ordinances yesterday during my PM shift. As a sealing patron, I sealed my great aunt and uncle, Nancy Ann Shipley and Charles Brown Shipley to their father, my great Grandfather and Mother Rueben C Shipley and Mary Ann Cline. The preceding ordinances were performed over the past month and the process is indeed enlightening. A rather humorous event occurred last Wednesday as I was strolling past the Men's lockeroom door. Suddenly, two sisters in full temple garb exited with 'the deer in headlights' look on their faces. They told me they were lost, which was an obvious remark given the circumstances. Brother Owen appeared almost instantaneously and escorted them back up the staircase to the 2nd floor so that they could take the proper elevator to the Sisters dressing area. I reported the 'lost sheep' to President Aaron and we both had a good chuckle.
Nana is doing better. She is about ready to start sleeping in her own bed, which means Jan will be able to stop being an all night 'couch potato'. Yeah.
In 3rd Nephi 12: 20 the Savior teaches the Nephites, "Therefore come unto me and be ye saved; for verily I say unto you, that except ye shall keep my commandments, which I have commanded you at this time, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." Coupled with his old world teaching to Nicodemus, "Except a Man be born again of the water and the spirit, he can in nowise enter into the Kingdom of God" we get a much clearer idea of what is required of us to gain salvation and exaltation. Baptism opens the gate, but we have to do something to inherit all that the father has. We must be keeping the commandments in order to qualify to enter the Temple and therein further covenant to move along the heavenly path to Eternal lives. It is glorious to contemplate such possibilities. The spirit of the Lord so enlightens.
1 comment:
good updates dad! thanks for all the thoughts...
Post a Comment