Our family is now spread out across this nation. Jamie and Anita and children are secured in their new Tennessee Mansion!. Jan just returned from a week stay with them. She arrived the day after all their possessions were unloaded from the moving van. I know Anita and Jamie appreciated the help from Jan as it was no doubt overwhelming to come from a small condo to a 3500 sq ft living area. From all reports, however, everything is going well. It is wonderful to see the hand of the Lord so involved in their lives. Blessings have flowed to them in rich abundance.
Josh and Robin and family are spending the holiday with his sister Jaime and her family in Virginia. They too have been blessed in so many ways.
I am foremost thankful for Jan, my eternal companion. Her hand has blessed my life for 33+years now. Her heart continues to touch mine as well as many others, the most important among those being of course our children and grandchildren. She continues to serve and love and support and be concerned for all within her reach and beyond. I have always seen and continue to see the Lord's hand blessing her.
I am thankful for the overall good health of my family. It is simply a gift from above. There are so many who are not in good health, some due to their poor lifestyle choices, but many who just struggle with day-to-day aches and pains and even life threatening diseases and infirmities. I would have to think that those who are in good health are given the strength to minister to those not so which is a pattern the Savior followed throughout his ministry. He has called us to care for the poor and needy and downtrodden. I give thanks for those stirrings in my 'spiritual heart' to try to lift another's burden and give them peace. I can look back and see what joy has come as a result of trying to do what the Master has asked. I can also look forward with that same joy to serving more fully in the Kingdom.
I am thankful for the wonderful Gospel which has been restored in these latter days. The truths and principles and commandments which I have had the privilege to be taught and acted upon have been nothing less than my guiding star in this life which illuminates the path to the Eternal realm of the next. Without this light, I simply would have failed in all endeavors. And so the best is yet to come!!! Elder Worthlin's mothers comment to him seems appropriate, " Come what may, and love it!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment