We are back. Jan and I returned safely yesterday evening after spending the morning with Jamie and family. Brooklyn wanted to have a Halloween party and invite some friends, so we decided to join the party. All was well. Certainly, we were blessed by being in the presence of our wonderful grandchildren. Little Grace is very very cute and precious. She put her head on my shoulder as I was holding her for a moment and of course I melted!!!! Abby joined Grammy and I in bed each morning and we shared some glorious moments together. Lori with her booming voice was the life of the party, always smiling, and very eager to share everything with us. Brooklyn, of course, was the little mom. She is most like Jamie, very conscientious and anxious to do the right thing, to the point of almost frustration, but... and like her mother-kind and gentle and self-assured. It was also good to see Anita's parents. They deserve much praise as they took the houseless orphans in and provided a roof for their heads. They are both very caring individuals and spend much time doing good for others, a trait I hope to develop further.
Today was spent at the Prison showing Conference Tapes in most of our meetings. I was able to stand and bare testimony regarding Prophets and Apostles and of the importance of having and following them. As stated before, it is difficult to explain the proceedings that occur in these get-togethers, but the spirit does guide us in our actions and thoughts. I found myself saying things that I had no idea I would say and I can only attribute that to the spirit giving me utterance. I am grateful to be allowed that gift. Certainly, I would be most unappreciative if I did not thank my Father in Heaven for the outpouring of the spirit that does attend us as we strive to care for some of the lost sheep. These men are precious souls unto our Father and the Savior has paid the price for them the same as he has for us. It is a great humbling experience to work amongst these souls worthy of salvation.
No comments:
Post a Comment