Jamie and family rolled in around 11pm last night. They are all sleeping in our room and I wound up on the family room couch and Jan on couch in the living room. Oh, the sacrifices we make for our kids!!!! Actually, I slept quite well, so...
The new August Ensign just came and as I read the First Presidency Message titled "May We So Live" by President Monson, the spirit confirmed very strongly that I was reading the words of a modern Prophet. He has encouraged me to go about doing good and not to wait for the right time or circumstances. He has admonished me to serve more, to love more, to give more, and to forget myself.
Bishop and I gave a blessing to a Ward Sister on Sunday who had been injured. She openly wept as she confessed that she was wounded spiritually as well, that nobody cared about her, that people in the Ward were ignoring her!! We blessed her that she would heal physically, and blessed her to know of the love that her Father in Heaven has for her. My first thought after reading the Ensign Message was that this message was for her. And then a wave of good people entered my conscience mind as ones who could benefit from a Prophet's Counsel to forget self and focus on helping 'the one'. Indeed, this has been President Monson's life's quest, to seek out those to whom the spirit directs and try to help and be of comfort. I am grateful to be given a calling wherein I "may so live".
Now I am off to prepare breakfast for all our grandkids. What fabulous blessings await this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment