As I was cleaning out my church binder, I ran across the following inspirational thought from Elder Holland that was given to me in a recent Stake Primary Presidency Meeting. It is a wonderful quote that has past, present, and future meaning. "Brothers and Sisters, our children take their flight into the future with our thrust and with our aim. And even as we anxiously watch that arrow in flight and know all the evils that can deflect its course after it has left our hand, nevertheless we take courage in remembering that the most important mortal factor in determining that arrow's destination will be the stability, strength, and unwavering certainty of the holder of the bow."
I look back and have to say that through faith Jan and I were pretty good archers!! Along with the help of a whole host of spear carriers!!!!!!
I see today and the aim of our children is indeed steady.
I see tomorrow and the flight of our grandchildren is on course. what could I ask more? Thanks be to my Father and his Son who have led me by the hand through the slings and arrows of this life. It is not over yet, to be sure, but I have received strength in so many ways to be able to avoid the pitfalls of this existence, and it is only because the light of eternal life has beamed brighter than the allures of the world. It is a gift of the spirit to be able to discern this light, a gift for which I am truly greatful.
I have spent the past couple of days in service to other church members. It is always a good feeling to forget yourself and try to help others.
I visited Justin and Bryan in Bryan's apartment Friday evening and just encouraged Justin to cut his hair to missionary standards in order to be obedient and to be at church in spite of his mothers trying to keep him from doing so. He is at that critical age, 14, where he can go either way. He states his goals are to serve the Lord, so that is good. He is a wonderful young man and I guess I have to say I love him as a Son. Bryan is doing very well and has found a new job with Church Brothers Produce Company. I know he is working with the Bishop to prepare to go to the Temple. The hand of the Lord is moving him to do so. It is wonderful to witness.
We are on the eve of our first ever official Family Reunion. Jamie and family will be here tomorrow late, followed by Josh, Scotty and Kiana on Wednesday and Craig on Thursday.
We are so looking forward to being together.
1 comment:
good blog dad. i like it! see, i read it. and i'm commenting!
Post a Comment