We had a Stake General Priesthood Leadership Meeting last night. President McKonkie of the San Jose Mission spoke in what will be close to his last assignment here in the San Jose Mission. He will be released later in June after serving his three year term. As he spoke, visions of Bruce R McKonkie, his uncle and former Apostle came to my mind and heart. It was Elder McKonkie who bore fervant testimony of the Savior literally from his dying breath in the Otober 1985 Conference. He passed away shortly thereafter from complications of cancer. President McKonkie spoke of the gathering of Israel and how it is happening right now and right here in our area. Certainly the Lord has blessed and is blessing yet those who are called to serve, whether full-time or life-time missionaries with power and strength to declare the word. I am praying for that power to open my mouth and heart also. The spirit gave me the thought that the gathering of Israel is also taking place on the other side of the veil.
In our conference breakout sessions, I met with the High Priest Group Leaders and Assistants, and together with Brother's Mel White and John Ellison of the High Council, delivered short ten minute sermons on Family History, reactivating Prospective Elders, and I spoke of spending more time as presidencies in prayer and scripture study. I quoted the 107th section of the D&C, "Wherefore let every man learn his duty..." and we discussed how we learn. It is always interesting how the spirit prompts me because in this case I had no idea I was going to talk about those areas of concern.
I was the assistant officiator at the 7pm endowment sessioin at the Temple this past Wednesday. It was a very interesting experience looking out over the audience instead of at the screen, which we are counseled not to do, along with not folding my legs!!!!. Brother Vincent, a kind and helpful Brother was the officiator who trained me for the assignment.
The most powerful part of the officiating is to be the 'voice of prayer' in the Prayer Circle. Brother Vincent merely told me to take a few moments prior to the event and ask Heavenly Father for the words to say and the spirit to convey those words. I will merely say it was so and I felt gratitude once again for the privilege of being worthy to receive such spiritual promptings. I look forward to this ongoing assignment and to the eventual becoming an officiator.
Also during the evening I was able to act as a sealing proxy for my great aunts'-Clyde and Myrtle, and great uncles Tom and Coot Henry Clay. For my Aunts, I was proxy for their Father and my great grandfather James David Clay. I acted as proxy for my great-Uncles as they were sealed to James David and Julia Elberta Fisher. I also acted as proxy for my great-grandfather as he was sealed to his spouse listed above. Interesting that my name is David and my grandmother who was another child of James David and Julia was also name 'Julia' Ima Clay. It is such a blessing to do this most sacred work.
No comments:
Post a Comment