I was the substitute instructor for Institute last night. Lisa Varney is the 'called' teacher, but she is busily engaged with her oldest daughter Alyssa's upcoming marriage in May. DJ and Natalie Simpson and Sandy Woodruff were in attendance. Sandy just returned from the Colorado Springs South mission, the same that Scott had the honor of opening while he was on his mission back in 2000. Sandy is the daughter of Dave and Debra in the Greenfield Ward. I taught Dave's siblings Matt and Heather in early morning seminary back in the 80's at their parents house on Winham Street here in Salinas.
We had a good discussion regarding the offices and keys of the priesthood and Church Courts. We watched a DVD of the talk Elder Oaks delivered in April 2014 Priesthood Conference session titled 'The Keys and Powers of the Priesthood'.
I am also still helping out at the prison on Sunday mornings and now on Tuesday evenings. I am able to go Sunday morning to Salinas Valley and then return in time to attend the 1st Ward. Two weeks ago Tuesday the church 12 step program was started with most of our Sunday group in attendance. The 12 step is already up and running in the other yards-CTF North, Central and South. The class has been well received and the guidebook is truly inspired. The Atonement is preeminent and access to its powers are discussed through such principles as hope, prayer..... I truly enjoy and feel the spirit while in prison!!!! Even now as a volunteer.
No comments:
Post a Comment