Thursday, January 15, 2015

Florida Christmas and the Ordaining of Joshua Karl Ladle to the office of High Priest-January 2nd, 2015

     We just yesterday returned from our wonderful trip to Florida to be with Robin and her family and also Jamie and his family who drove from Tennessee and arrived on the 27th.

I ordained Josh to the office of High Priest on Wednesday evening December 31st, 2014 at 6:45pm in the Bishop’s office of the Boca Raton Ward meetinghouse located at 1530 West Camino Real in Boca Raton.  It was a privilege and an honor to perform the ordination and to have the authority, duly recognized, to do so.
Those attending were:
President and Sister Lustig:   Boynton Beach Florida Stake President
Brother Carlos Iglesias:         Boynton Beach Florida Stake  Executive Secretary
Scott Romney:                        Boca Raton Florida Ward Bishop
Josh and Robin Ladle
David and Janis Shipley
It was brief but the spirit of revelation was present.   I don’t usually receive any pre-ordination and/or blessing promptings, but one came during the day as I was thus pondering.  The prompting was to keep the blessing one of Priesthood and not one of calling, ie, he will have hands laid upon his head this coming Sunday and be set apart as a counselor in the Bishopric, and thus a more specific ‘calling’ oriented blessing will be given him.  I believe I was true to that prompting.  I do know that Josh is a truly wonderful, spiritual, man who has been brought up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.  He receives inspiration and guidance from the Holy Spirit, and in the final analysis, isn’t that all we can hope for these offspring of ours.
Jan will follow with her impressions.
Take care. 

Love, Dave Shipley


Here are Jan's notes regarding the Ordination

Hello Ladle's!  
I have been enjoying your videos and blog so much.  It does look cold though.  I do remember Scotland being so beautiful and magical.  
Our visit with Josh and Robin was lots of fun.  Having Jamie's family there too made it even more fun but big time crazy.  I think the days at the beach (nice and warm....sorry about that:) were the most fun.  The kids all got along great and played nicely.  The adults on the other hand......(just kidding)
I love visiting their ward.  I guess after this Sunday it will be different because they are making a new ward that will meet in their building too.  It will be the Portuguese speaking ward (or branch, not sure).  Lots of new callings will happen on Sunday.  Josh will be a wonderful Bishopric counselor.  But we all know that right!

It was nice visiting in the Bishops Office with the others that were there for Josh getting Ordained to be a High Priest.  The Bishop was getting a little anxious about his phone that was missing.  He said it was right there in his office a minute ago and couldn't understand where it could be.  We all looked around and couldn't be any help.  Even Jamie tried to call his number but the phone was turned off.  Well....guess who had it?  ME!  When I came into the room when we got there I saw this phone  on the chair where I was to sit. It looked exactly like Dave's.  Dave had asked me to keep his phone for him in my purse during this meeting as we were walking into the building, but Jamie had taken it from him instead.  When I came in and saw the phone I assumed Jamie had put it there for me to put into my purse.  Thank goodness it dawned on me what had happened and looked into my bag and held up the Bishop's missing phone.  I felt pretty foolish but everyone had a good laugh.  Oh well.....

I took notes during the blessing and here is what I was able to write down.

Josh will be blessed because of his faithfulness and love of the Savior.
He will bless the lives of many people.
This calling will help him with family life, his love of the Savior and understanding of the Atonement.
Magnify and lift those around him that he serves
Father in Heaven is aware of his service to others and his gift of service will continue throughout his life.
Strength to do what is needed and the Spirit will guide him.
Josh was counseled to remember the Sacrament and the Saviors love for him. Be aware of His hand guiding you.. 
Be strong and of good courage.

Those were from my scribbled notes.  There was a beautiful spirit during this blessing and meeting.  Josh is wonderful and the ward will certainly benefit from having him in this calling.  

Love you guys.
Jan

No comments: