Friday, March 7, 2014

Hodgepodge-Donovan/Valentines Day/Prison Letter


     We just returned from a wonderful Arizona visit with Scott and Kiana and Donovan and Margo and cute little adorable Lorenzo Mack. Jan and I both agreed that he is the 'sweetest' new baby boy that could be.           Of course Donovan and Ollie and Sawyer and Stirling fit in that category also, but they are no longer babies, so.....
      We took in a Giants/Padres Spring preseason game and also the Phoenix Zoo.  We enjoyed the animals living in somewhat natural habitats.  Lorenzo was supposed to be blessed but Sunday meetings were preempted by the Gilbert Temple dedication ceremonies which were broadcast in all Church buildings.  The blessing will take place this coming Sunday the 9th.  Kiana's father and mother, the Morris's, will represent the Grandparents side of things.
     Pictured above is a beautiful picture from Donovan showing Grammy and me.  Very striking resemblances if I say so myself!!!!!
     

     This was a cute Valentines Day card from Jan.  She is the light of my life!!



     Above is a letter received from inmate Richard Wyatt who was recently transferred from Salinas Valley Prison to Susanville.  Unfortunately, as stated, there are no services at Susanville, so I wrote to him and told him to be patient and continue to say his prayers and study the scriptures.  He is a non member who has been converted through the spirit of his sister, an active member.  I advised him to write down as much family information as possible and I would help him research his family lines.  He was a attendee at our services and has been missed.
    Life is moving on so rapidly.  Ariel's spring production of  'The Emperors New Clothes begins it's run this coming Monday.  It will be the fourth, and last, time, I will unrobe in public!!!!  I have lost close to 17 pounds and have been exercising regularly, so I should not shock anyone too severely.  The cast still does not know the ending to the play and will only discover such during tomorrows final 'dress'-hmn, should that be 'undress'-rehearsal.  The original production in 1995 had a similar surprise unrobing accompanied by uproarious sustained cast laughter. Jamie was a senior then and he and Brian Higginbotham played the Weavers Marcellus and Atticus.  It seems hard to believe 20 years have passed!!!
    I start rehearsals for the Valparaiso Easter Concert this coming Sunday.  This will be my final run and after 18 years, it is time to call it quits.  To say I have enjoyed the ride would be an understatement.  The spirit felt through the music sung has been unmistakable and uplifting. Along the way, I hope I/we have imparted that spirit to those who have come to enjoy the 'harmonies of Heaven'.

No comments: