Terry, Wednesday August 31, 2011
Now that I am feeling better I just wanted to drop you a final note to tell you how thrilling it was to watch, hear and feel your character representation of Tevya. I told Gail in the beginning I wanted to be involved just to see you play this indelible role. You truly made it your own, but it was more than that. I believe you were able to internalize all the 'stuff' Gail was trying to teach us about the culture of the time and somehow project that 'something more' on stage. I believe she was very pleased with the audience reaction, and though she praised the company, there is no doubt in my mind that you were the reason that it happened at all. You did not just entertain, you moved, you did not just act, you were, and even though the cart spilled over, you made it seem like that was what was supposed to happen.
Thanks for the memories, my friend.

3 comments:
i wish i could have seen it! i heard it was SO great.
Awesome. I agree.
the cart wasn't supposed to fall over? i completely thought that was part of the show.
Post a Comment