

So, here is what the hot tub really looked like. These were taken by Jan as Craig and I opened what we thought could be Pandora's box. Twasn't bad however, and now it is cleaned awaiting water and people.

Here is Brad Slama on the roof tying down our new power fuse box and also a side view of what was installed. Brad did a great job today. He had two Spanish helpers who did most of the work and they were excellent. Brad did not charge me for his labor as he said he owed me for teaching him how to play golf!!! Pretty nice. He will return next week and hook up the 220 volts to the hot tub so we can begin to heat the water to the proper temperature-108 degrees!!! Yes.
Yesterday Craig and I weeded the front yard garden patches and removed all foliage except for the rose bushes, which by the way are in full bloom at present. We then removed the t-111 siding from the house in preparation for the power fuse box change. It brought back memories of almost 20 years ago when we remodeled the old homestead. Jamie and I basically put new t-111 siding around the entire house. Hard to believe so much time has transpired.
Today I was the recipient of two acts of kindness. I drove to Home Depot to purchase the replacement t-111 siding and lumber. I took the Ford Free Style thinking I would have ample room for the siding. No such luck. I was a good 6 inches narrow. Two nice Hispanic ladies, a mom and daughter, came to help me try to squeeze my cargo into the car. Just as we surmised the dilemma, a man in a pickup truck drove up and asked me where I was heading. I told him South Salinas, and he just simply said put the siding in his truck. I did and15 minutes later we arrived at home and unloaded. His name is Darrin Hoover and he said he was headed to his mom's house on Carmel Ave just around the corner. Wow. He was just very friendly and willing to help. It was just a nice gesture and much appreciated. There are truly many good people in the world
No comments:
Post a Comment