Monday, March 1, 2010

Sawyer John Ladle


What a Cutie!!!!


All is well. All is well. Jan is doing great grammy work helping Robin and Josh and I am doing great Great-Grammy work by taking care of Nana and Papa. I have learned much this past two weeks-How to do laundry and drying with different fabrics and water temp needs-Not too bad for a rookie. Of course Jan is a cell phone call away, but.....

I have had a nagging sinus cold for over two weeks now. Nana got one of her upset bowel symptoms yesterday and so stayed home from church. I took Sister Ramos, an elderly woman I hometeach, to church for the first time in awhile and she enjoyed it. I was going to try and get to my Prison assignment in the afternoon, but just felt lousy, so I cancelled there and also my trip to Palo Alto for Choir practice. I have no voice anyway.

It was Ward Conference and the Bishop and Stake President spoke in Sacrament. Both taught about personal revelation and how to recognize and receive it. Terry Smith and I gave a blessing to Sister Mary Toloy over at Windsor Gardens. She had requested one through someone who had recently visited her. On Friday, Gail Higginbotham requested a blessing also, which I performed. It was not an oil blessing, but rather a blessing of comfort.

Jan will fly home tomorrow unless Robin needs her for an additional weekend. Josh will be out of town for a weekend seminar for school, so.... I will await a phone call. Obviously, I miss her and want her to return, but when family calls, especially little Sawyer, we must continue grandmothering and grandfathering.

No comments: