It has been a good Sabbath. The talks in Sacrament were excellent, all dealing with the Law of the Fast and Prayer and the blessings of the fast. A good idea to incorporate on Fast Day is to begin the fast with a prayer. I have always tried to end with a prayer, but...
I heard the spirit whisper to me while listening to one of the talks that in the end it doesn't matter so much what we know but what we do. That is not to say that knowledge is not important as the Prophet Joseph taught that no man can be saved in ignorance and that the Glory of God is intelligence, but knowledge about Heavenly Father and his Son is insufficient to gain salvation. We must be going about doing good and engaging in the perfecting process to become as they are.
So I am working on Family History and trying to help as many as I can. Brother and Sister Gustafsen came to the house last Thursday evening and I helped to get them up to speed in NewFamily Search. They had much already done, so it was a thrill to see the links come together.
Last Monday I did the same for the Ennes'es. We had a nice bbq dinner here at the house with just me, Papa and Nana and Jean and Chuck. The four 'youngsters' hit it off well and they actually learned each other's names and are planning to go to lunch sometime this week or next. Jan was at a quilt retreat in Lake Nacimiento and had an enjoyable time. Certainly I miss her when gone. We are approaching 33 years together!!!! How blessed I have been and continue to be by her good nature and gentle touch.
No comments:
Post a Comment