Thursday, April 10, 2008

Well, Conference has come and gone and my spirit has soared. I saw and felt the prophetic mantle upon President Monson as attested by Elder Holland after the Prophets Sunday am talk. I have much to do especially in the area of Family History. I am going to do the work for the two elderly ladies I home teach, Sisters Zug and Tolloy. Both are bedridden and unable to do much. Joan however worked at the Family History Center in eighties and has all her four generations written down. The Lord's hand is definitely in the work as it is now possible to input individual information directly onto the Church website and prepare the names for Temple Work.

Josh and I and Brother Ennis went to the Priesthood Session Saturday night. I home teach Brother and Sister Ennis and he is not able to drive any more. It was a pleasure to take him to hear our Priesthood leaders. The Lord is blessing Brother Ennis with knowledge and testimony just as surely as a young person which proves the Lord is no Respector of Persons.

On Monday evening, we had another joint Home Evening and we dicussed Temples and Sealing Power by using the example of trying to hold water in your cupped hands and then putting plastic wrap over the cupped hands. The wrap of course represents the sealing power. Robin said the lesson was 'old school' and she was right. We used that same explanation when she was growing up!!!! What goes around comes around.

I attended High Council meeting Tuesday evening. We had a lively and wonderful dialogue around feelings and impressions about Conference. I see the hand of the Lord very clearly blessing the lives of these good men with whom I serve, and I recognize and give thanks for the operation of the keys that our President holds.

Yesterday was Temple Day. But not before I printed a 'Family Ordinance Request' form on my own computer to take to the Temple and have them print the ordinance cards to be performed!!! Oh well, you say, is it a big deal. IS IT EVER A BIG DEAL!!!!!!! It is a miracle!!!! To think of the progression to this point to be able to input names directly onto the church computer and then press a button to see what ordinances need to be performed and then to print the request all in the confines of your own home? It is not too hard to figure out that the Lord has blessed us with computer knowledge to be able to move Family Exhaltation Work forward ever onward. Great blessings still await!!!!

No comments: